SilentWrap™ with Lag is a multi-purpose composite material, primarily used to wrap HVAC ducts, featuring a flexible SilentWrap™ barrier (Mass loaded Vinyl) laminated to an insulating and acoustical Quilted Fiberglass Decoupler on one side, and a protective layer of Foil Scrim Kraft (FSK) on the other.
The fiberglass decoupler is available in 1″ and 2″ variations, providing both thermal and vibration insulation. This combination forms a thin, lightweight acoustical product that provides superior sound transmission loss. The Foil Scrim Kraft outer layer is also a fire rated product and can be used in many commercial applications.
Sound waves originating from the source will be initially absorbed by the fiberglass and then blocked by the mass loaded vinyl. Any reflected sound wave components will be further dissipated into the fiberglass absorber.
Popular Applications Include:
- Home Theatres
- Music Rooms
- Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Basements
- Places of Worship
- Healthcare Facilities
- Will not cause shrink, rot or cause corrosion
- Easily cut with a utility knife
- Specifically designed for sound isolation
- Better sound insulation than normal MLV
- A layer of Fiberglass Decoupler which provides both thermal and sound insulation