Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape is 100 linear feet in lenght and available in widths of 1-7/16″ and 2-1/4″. It is effective at solving noisy floors caused by the rubbing of joists or subflooring. Select the width appropriate for your floor joists. The Joist Tape must cover the width of the joists to be effective. Make sure all surfaces are free from dirt, ice, and water before applying the Noiseproofing Joist Tape.
– 100 linear feet per roll
– Available in 1-7/16″ width
– Available in 2-1/4″ width
– Roll diameter 16″
– Apply the Noiseproofing Joist Tape, adhesive side down evenly to the top of each floor joist. This can be done by hand or using the Green Glue Joist Tape Applicator
– Once the placement of the Noiseproofing Joist Tape is complete, apply the sub-floor as normal to joists after being affixed.
– The use of construction adhesive is NOT possible when securing the subfloor. Joist Tape should be at least 50°F when applied for the adhesive to ensure the pressure-sensitive adhesive will function.
– Joist Tape is used to address squeaks when the subfloor rubs against the joists and does not provide other acoustical benefits.