SilentCeiling™ Black Eco Ceiling Tiles are a heavy-density fiberglass mineral insulation board bonded with ECOSE® Technology. These acoustical ceiling tiles are used to create a sound absorbing drop ceiling, and they are also eco-friendly. The base of the board is brown indicating it is formaldehyde free, with a black matte layer providing a smooth finish.
In both residential and commercial applications, SilentCeiling™ Black Eco Ceiling Tiles create a “disappearing” acoustic tile ceiling that has a sharp and attractive look. Achieve NRC values of .75 by easily installing these lightweight ceiling tiles.
- 2 inches, 3# 24 inches x 48 inches tiles available
- Lightweight and easy to cut with a standard utility knife
- 3# density
- UL classified; does not exceed 25 Flame Spread, 50 Smoke Developed when tested in accordance with ASTM E84, NFPA 255 and UL 723.
- Certified for indoor air quality as a low emitting product by Underwriters laboratories to both the GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification Program, and the more stringent GREENGUARD Gold standard.
- Does not accelerate corrosion on steel, copper or aluminum.
Effective Sound Absorption: SilentCeiling™ Black Eco Ceiling Tiles eliminate unwanted ceiling boundary reflections and control excessive room reverberation. SilentCeiling™ Black Eco Ceiling Tiles eliminate slap-echo between parallel floor and ceiling surfaces. Additionally, these tiles visually and audibly “disappear” by improving signal-to-noise ratio for listening, recording, and conversation.
Easy Installation: Available as a 2 feet x 4 feet grid ceiling tile. Install a custom acoustic tile ceiling by cutting the tile to size with a Utility Knife or 6 inches Boning Knife. SilentCeiling™ Black Eco Acoustic Ceiling Tiles are designed to be installed in a standard drop ceiling grid.
Applications: Residential and commercial – any space where reverberation or reflected noise is an issue.
- Home theaters*, media rooms
- Recording and broadcast studios
- Clubs, restaurants, entertainment facilities
- Theaters and performing arts spaces
Please note: SilentCeiling™ Black Eco Ceiling Tiles are not meant to uphold ceiling products such as recessed lighting. Make sure to install recessed lighting using the grid of the ceiling to support the weight of the lights, not the tiles themselves.
Need a large amount of SilentCeiling™ Acoustic Ceiling Tiles? Call us at 877-399-9697 for a custom wholesale quote!
What is ECOSE® Technology?
ECOSE Technology is a formaldehyde-free binder technology that reduces embodied energy and delivers superior environmental sustainability. ECOSE Technology boards feature rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals traditionally used in fiberglass insulation products. ECOSE Technology boards contain no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors and they are a safe alternative to regular fiberglass boards.