Black acoustic ceiling tiles sold under our SilentCeiling™ brand are used to create a sound-absorbing ceiling. With SilentCeiling™ Acoustic Ceiling Tiles, building a drop grid ceiling with excellent sound absorption properties is now more cost-effective than ever. These acoustic ceiling tiles feature a crisp, matte black fabric on one side and are manufactured from fiberglass.
In both residential and commercial applications, the acoustic drop ceiling will help to create a “disappearing” acoustic tile ceiling that has a sharp and attractive look. Achieve NRC values of 0.75 by quickly installing these lightweight grid ceiling tiles. Shipping is always FREE.
- Packages of 1 inch Boards – yields 80 square feet
- Packages of 2 inches Boards – yields 40 square feet
- Available in 2 feet x 2 feet and 2 feet x 4 feet panel size
- High NRC up to 1.00
- Lightweight and easy to cut with a utility knife
- 3# density fiberglass
- Spec-equivalent for Owens-Corning Select Sound Black Acoustic Board
- Class A fire-rated – ASTM E84, UL723
- Finish: Black matt scrim on one side. Rigid fiberglass on the other side
- Mounting: drop into existing t-bar suspended grid ceiling
|Thickness||Density (Pounds per Cubic Foot)||Octave Band Center Frequencies, Hz|
Effective Sound Absorption:
SilentCeiling™ Black Acoustic Ceiling Tiles eliminate unwanted ceiling boundary reflections and control excessive room reverberation. These acoustic panels eliminate slap-echo between floor and ceiling surfaces. Additionally, these tiles visually and audibly “disappear” by improving the signal-to-noise ratio for listening, recording, and conversation.
Black acoustic drop ceiling tiles are ideal for drop ceiling grid systems and are available as a 2 Ft x 2 Ft or 2 Ft x 4 Ft grid ceiling tile. Install a custom acoustic tile ceiling by trimming the tile to size with a Utility Knife or 6-in Boning Knife. Tiles are designed for installation in a standard t-bar suspended drop ceiling grid. Sound Acoustic Solutions offers all of the supplies you will need to install a sound-absorbing tile ceiling.
Residential and commercial – any space where reverberation or reflected noise is an issue.
- Home theaters*, media rooms
- Movie theaters
- Recording and broadcast studios
- Clubs, restaurants, entertainment facilities
- Fitness facilities and gyms
- Theaters and performing arts spaces
Please note: SilentCeiling™ Black Acoustic Ceiling Tiles are not meant to uphold ceiling products such as recessed lighting. Make sure to install recessed lighting using the grid of the ceiling to support the weight of the lights, not the tiles themselves.*
*Learn more about home theater applications by reading our blog.
Need a large amount of SilentCeiling™ Black Acoustic Ceiling Tiles? Call us at 877-399-9697.